You may have been asked by someone or team member of Integrated Webworks, “what is your UDID?” But, what is a UDID? A Unique Device Identifier (UDID) that Apple uses to associate a device to an IOS developer account. Every Apple device has one. Your IPhone, IPad and even IPod Touch has a UDID. It consists of 24 characters that is special to each device.
Why does a company need mine?
If you are building an app with us, we put the app through a extensive testing phase to ensure it works across all platforms. This will guarantee a seamless experience for end users when downloading the app. Through this process, we check to make sure that you (the client) love the app. So, our developers use you UDID to send a link to download the app before it is released on apps stores.
How do I find a UDID if I have an IPhone X, IPhone 8, IPhone 8 Plus or any model before it?
It’s simple! Below is a step by step instructions on how to get access:
- Launch Itunes
- Make sure you check the box to turn off auto-syncing if you are doing this for someone else
- Under devices, click on your device
- Next click on the ‘Serial Number’
- This will change the Serial Number into the UDID
- Copy and paste, send to whomever you need to send it too! (Avoid sending screenshots, your developer will thank you!)
How do I find a UDID on IPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, or later models?
You will need your Mac computer for this and follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac
- Navigate to the Apple logo on the top left -> About This Mac
- Click on the System Report and select USB
- Click on iPhone
- Copy and the value next to the Serial Number label
- Paste the value you just copied to an email you plan to send to
- Add a dash (-) after the 8th digit (Ex: XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
- This will be your UDID.
- Once completed, send to your developer!
What if I don’t have a Mac?
Don’t worry! There is still a way to find it without a Mac. Follow the steps below:
- Go to http://whatsmyudid.com
- Click on “How do I find it?”
- Then click on “SuperUDID”
- Fill out the form and follow step by step
- If it doesn’t work, try one more time (has a tendency to fail from time to time)
- It will email you the UDID and then you can send it to your developer!
These various steps should help you retrieve your UDID number. This allows you to test the app Integrated Webworks is building for your company on the iOS platform by downloading from the link provided. As mentioned, we test for perfection every step of the way and want to ensure you are satisfied with the final product.
For more information on mobile app development, visit integratedwebworks.com or call at 904-279-0279.